How to Score a Winning Hand at Blackjack
Make money! Oh, my!!! It’s quite refreshing to have a straight life afterwork. Kind of like the Bottomados theme song, though I don’t know if that’s the greatest thing to do. We can’t all have the money and freedom that Ed Thorpe has, but what the hell! We have to work for something and it might as well be for something worthwhile. Besides, playing blackjack can work its magic on you in quite a powerful way. You might find that you’re getting quite addicted on this game already.
While there’s no surefire way to make you win at blackjack, there are however some winning strategies that will tip the balance in your favor. And, if you’re really creative, you can come up with some new strategies yourself, that will probably land you in the Winner’s bracket.
If blackjack is more your style, you can check out this online tutorial for more tips and tricks on how to score bigger wins. Although, the odds will be the same no matter how you play it, but at least you’ll know why you’re liable to lose so much money at the end of the day.
- If you are looking for tips on how to score a winning hand at blackjack, then read on, this is a pretty long tutorial, but we shall give it a shot.
- The game of blackjack is so easy to learn, yet not so drastic as the other games of chance such as Roulette, Slots, Lottery, and Pokerace99. This is one of the reasons why blackjack is one of the most beatable Casino Games in the world, with the least number of decks. It has less decks, thus fewer chances to have cards of the same suit, lessening the strength of the hands, and making it easier to push the house edge in your favor.
- The basic blackjack strategy and card counting techniques we are going to use are based on a simple card counting strategy, to be applied to any deck of cards, both real life and online. This strategy is designed to take advantage of the fact that the dealer has to hit to a certain point, in order to beat the player. Assume that you are playing at a table with the dealer in the middle and you have your bet on the deck face up in front of you.
Here are the basic blackjack strategy techniques we are going to use:
- When you see the dealer’s card, you know he has a 10 in the hole, so with a face card or something that gives you a 17 or higher, you should double down on your initial bet. You should also keep in mind the dealer probably has a 10 in the hole, and is more likely to bust as there are more 10s in the deck.
- When you have a 12 in your hand, double down if the dealer has a 9 or lower.
- When you have a 16 and the dealer has a 10 showing, you should hit. You are more likely to win a hand with a small Ace, as well.
- A hand with a 17 is tricky. You want to double down when you have 12 to 16 points. Then you have 17 and the dealer has 18 or higher. You have to base your decision on the cards showing in front of you. If you have 18 and the dealer has a 10 showing, you have to hit. If you have 17 and the dealer has a 12 to 16 showing, you have to stand. As we will learn, you are better off doubling down when you have 12 to 16 points, as that is when you will have the most action.
- In a game with a 9 or 10 on the table, you should split your hand against a dealer’s 9. You should also double down when you have a 12 to 16 showing, but only if the dealer’s hand consists of cards lower than 9. Don’t split if the dealer has a 9 or 10 showing. You can still lose with a pair of 8s, as the odds are high against you.
- On the face of it, this double down technique can backfire, but in the long run it will probably increase your wins. It becomes more difficult to win when the dealer has a higher card total because you are more likely to go over 21. But if you have less than a 12 in your hand, you should always double down.
This is the fundamental strategy of playing Blackjack. It’s not complicated and takes a little bit of practice to use it effectively. If you are a beginner, practice a game or two online first so you can learn the tips, and the game itself before you sit down at a real table.